Data security has never been more critical. With the increasing threat of data breaches, the consequences of which can be far-reaching and devastating, it is more important than ever for organizations to effectively manage and secure sensitive data. Unfortunately, many information security teams are understaffed and struggling to keep up with the growing demands of their jobs. It is in this context that Qohash’s data security platform, Qostodian, is designed to help.
Information security teams are in the perfect storm – and legacy tools further complicate the problem.
Legacy tools in the market have their limitations – limitations that result in missed threats, prolonged scan times, and costly infrastructure to support.
Here are a few of the biggest pain points of legacy technology:
- Blind spots: Unstructured data is doubling yearly, and moving into endpoints and the cloud. Legacy tools have a complete blind spot when it comes to finding unstructured data at endpoints. As the market shifted to remote work, these outdated tools are blind to workstations and the cloud.
- Insufficient visibility: Legacy tools often lack the ability to scan specific data elements within files. They only provide visibility into the file as a whole, making it difficult to assess the risk level of individual data elements. This lack of visibility can result in missed threats, as each data element carries a specific risk level.
- Slow scan times: Legacy tools can take weeks to months to scan an environment, and the process is often CPU-hungry. This prolonged scan time can make it difficult for information security teams to respond quickly in the event of a security incident or prepare for an audit.
- High false positive rates: Legacy tools can generate a large number of false positive alerts, which can cause information security teams to waste time chasing down non-threatening incidents. This leads to missed threats and increased risk exposure.
- Lack of quantified risk indicators: Legacy tools do not provide clear indicators of risk levels nor deliver quantified risk, making it difficult for information security teams to prioritize the most serious threats. They also only deliver post-mortem views – companies can’t see a risky situation as it develops, they only find out afterwards. They aren’t alerted to essential actions such as accumulation, deletion, or exfiltration as they happen in real-time.
- Limited user behavior monitoring: legacy tools often only provide file activity monitoring, which is insufficient for understanding user behavior. User behavior monitoring is critical in identifying and mitigating risks associated with non-compliant or policy-violating behavior.
- Costly infrastructure: On-premises servers and long implementation times lead to costly and ineffective sensitive data management.
Qostodian was designed to overcome these pain points and provide information security teams with new visibility, and unprecedented views of risk to quickly identify and remediate incidents.
Qostodian: designed to defy legacy limitations
- Ability to find unstructured data everywhere: Qostodian doesn’t just look at files – it finds and scans specific data elements within those files. This matters because one file could have 1000s of data elements, each carrying a specific risk level. With Qostodian, you have visibility into what’s in the file and can assess risk accordingly.
- From “satellite view” to “street view”: Data element level tracking enables expedited investigations, helping eliminate manual investigations. Qostodian automatically displays how a specific data element travelled from employee to employee over time, showing you how it got out of a secure environment and every step in between.
- Turbocharged scanning: Qostodian delivers scanning results up to 10x faster than alternatives, with customers reporting average scan times of 50 GB per hour.
- Surgically precise, contextualized risk: Qostodian also cuts down on false positives, allowing your team to focus on the most critical areas of exposure. Configurable to your specific business needs, it registers, scores, and monitors specific data elements, ranking the biggest risks to your business. With clear indicators of risk levels, InfoSec teams can more easily prioritize threats from the most malicious to the least with confidence.
- Cross-referencing user behavior with data element granularity: 24/7 monitoring with proactive notifications of non-compliant or policy-violating behavior is another key advantage of Qostodian. It monitors interactions with every individual sensitive data element in your business systems and alerts you instantly when risky interactions or policy violations occur.
- SaaS platform: Qostodian installs in 5 minutes and runs on a single machine, virtual or physical, with little to no training required. It gives you everything you need to prevent data breaches or data spills at a lower total cost of ownership.
Qostodian is a game-changer for sensitive data management. It outperforms other legacy tools on the market by providing faster, more advanced scanning and monitoring capabilities, as well as actionable insights through its data intelligence dashboard. If you’re an understaffed information security team struggling to keep up with the demands of your job, Qostodian is the solution you’ve been looking for. Don’t wait any longer to make the switch – improve your data security management today with Qostodian.